We are looking for a top-notch thermal insulation systems designer to support our growing heat shield fabrication business. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys seeing products from the beginning to the end of the process, being out on the shop floor, and solving problems in close collaborations with production staff. Industry exposure spans aerospace, energy, industrial and transportation. Specific tasks include:
- Achieve function, safety and performance requirements for customers by designing heat shields for mission critical applications.
- Prepare 2D and 3D drawings and models; select raw materials; and develop specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses to model and predict performance, including mechanical stress analysis, thermal and heat transfer analysis, mechanical interface design, fastening design, tolerance stack analysis, etc.
- Design foil form dies, assembly fixtures, weld fixtures and check fixtures for use in production of your parts.
- AA required. Bachelors degree is desirable but may be substituted with successful industry experience.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in design engineering, preferably in thermal insulation products.
- Software expertise: Creo Parametric or Solidworks, AutoCAD.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Spanish/English proficiency is desirable.
- Travel, less than 25%.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is production-oriented and the successful candidate should be comfortable in a high volume, busy, industrial work setting.